Getting Started with Fax Broadcasting
I. Fax Broadcasting
Step 1 – Fax broadcast list
Fax broadcasting requires a CSV list to be created with the numbers in full international format in column A as per the picture below. Please see the Creating Broadcast List article for more specifics.
Step 2 – Uploading new fax broadcast number list
Before fax broadcasting can start the fax number list will need to be uploaded to the UTI Member Centre.
1. Click List Management under Fax Broadcasting located on the left Menu of the UTI Member Centre.
2. Click on the Add List button at the right side of the page.
3. Select your desired fax list. Locate your CSV file and click open to select it.
Note: If you do not have a fax list see Step 1. Original filename will be used upon adding the list, however, can be edited anytime under Actions column located on the right side of the list. Give your list a name or description so later when you want to choose the list it can be easily recognized.
Step 3 – Starting a fax broadcast
Setting up a fax broadcast involves selecting a list and uploading the document to be broadcasted.
1. Click New under Fax Broadcasting located on the left Menu of the UTI Member Centre.
2. Click Choose Document button located on the same area as the ‘Document Preview’ pane.
3. Select your desired document to send. Locate your saved file and click open to select it
4. Located on the right side are the settings for List Options and Document Options with descriptions on their functions
Note: After clicking Next, it will then show the summary of the settings you made for the fax broadcast. You will then have the option to start the fax broadcast on that point or schedule it for a later time. You will also be given the option to specify what email address will our system send the status report once completed.
Step 4 – Viewing current and past fax broadcasts
This section allows the user to review the progress and results of ongoing and completed fax broadcasts.
1. To view active and ongoing fax broadcast, this can be found under Fax Broadcasting > Active. This panel will show the progress of the fax broadcast as well as the statistics for Blocked, Success and Failed.
2. To view past fax broadcast, this can be found under Fax Broadcasting > History. This panel will show the past broadcasts as well as the successful and failed report which can be downloaded as PNG or TIFF
Note: There are a number of options on this screen to allow filtering of the results. Results can be filtered according to List Name and Date Range.