Creating and Uploading an SMS Contact List
Before you start
A Contact List is a spreadsheet containing the mobile numbers of your SMS broadcast recipients.
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- This list should be saved as a CSV (comma-separated value) file.
- The mobile numbers must be written in this format: (country code)(area code)(mobile number) with no spaces in between. Avoid using '+' at the start. For example, the number ‘+61 (02) 99887766’ should be formatted as ‘61299887766.’
- You can create multiple contact lists. Each can hold up to 100,000 numbers or rows.
Creating and formatting a CSV file
To create a CSV file of your SMS broadcast recipients, follow these steps.
- In a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets, open a blank worksheet.
- Create and label the first column number.
- Paste your recipients’ SMS numbers under the number column in the spreadsheet. Ensure that these numbers follow the correct format: (country code)(area code)(mobile number), with no spaces in between.
- Optional: For SMS Mail Merge, create and label the next columns accordingly. The labels must not contain any spaces. Paste the corresponding information under the appropriate columns. Here’s how to personalize messages with SMS Mail Merge.
- Save the file in CSV format. This option can usually be accessed from the File menu in your spreadsheet program, labeled as "Export as .CSV" or "Download as .CSV." Different spreadsheet programs may vary.
- Go to SMS > Broadcasting > List Management.
Now that you have the CSV file of your recipient list, you can upload the file to the app.
Uploading your recipient list
To upload your Contact List, follow these steps.
2. Select Add List, and select the .CSV file containing your recipient list.
3. Once successfully uploaded, the .CSV file will appear on List Management. The total number of valid SMS numbers will also appear under RECORDS.
4. If there are duplicate numbers, the app will display Yes under DUPLICATE. To remove these, select ⚙️of a contact list and select Deduplicate.